Adjective meaning extravagant, often to the point of snobbery. Usually used in relation to the conspicuous consumption of the urban upper-middle class.
- Bougie is more than a way of life, it's a state of mind
- Bougie does not equal stuck-up, siddity & pretty... unless it does
- There's nothing wrong with being bougie if your heart is true to the bouge
- If you are true to the bouge, people will hate on you. You won't care, you are too busy being bougie
- You can be born bougie, you can marry into bougie and you can evolve into bougie
- You can be bougie and hood but not at the same time
- You are no longer bougie if you are completely ghetto (fabulous or not)
- You can be broke and bougie but bouge works better with bank
- Bouge brings responsibility. Do not shame your bouge brothers and sisters lest you be kicked up out the bouge circle
- Bouge is old school people, we don't hate... we congratulate.
So what do you think, is it possible to be "just a little bit" bouge? Can someone be too bouge? When is bougie a bad thing?
P.S. Don't hate on the picture, that is my bouge fam from back in the day.